With us once again is Joe Seetoo, Senior Vice President and Principal of Morton Capital Management. He has an extensive background as a chartered financial analyst, certified financial planner, and certified exit planning advisor, and works to create financial roadmaps that help his clients get the most life out of their wealth. Joe believes that a sustainable exit plan requires collaboration between all of a business owner's trusted advisors, which goes well beyond just focusing on investments or any individual area. In order to get a client where they hope to go, Joe knows he can’t be working in a vacuum and creates integrated plans tailored to each client’s goals.
In his interview, Joe emphasizes the necessity of business owners taking the time to educate themselves, and to not underestimate the exit planning process. He sheds light on the differences between a business that generates income, and a business that is valuable to buyers. If your business can’t be conducted without you, it is time to take steps to create systems that allow it to work without you, which in turn create value. Joe also shares insight on alternative investment strategies and focusing on elements you can control now in order to ramp up your valuation. Now is the time to scrutinize your bottom line and prepare yourself for the future, listen to Joe’s expertise for integrated, practical, and sustainable exit planning strategies.
- 5:10-6:19: Understanding clients more deeply and completely, then connecting dots to get to their goals.
- 6:59-8:01: Alternative investment strategies to benefit individuals more broadly and securely.
- 11:18-12:25: Identifying what we can and cannot control in exit planning - building value during Covid.
- 17:05-18:00: Our economy depends on proper exit planning - trillions may be at stake in the near future and well-informed succession and wealth transfer is crucial.
- 19:50-20:49: Don’t underestimate this process, take the time to educate yourself and create a proper team for successful succession.