Sean Brawley is a world renowned expert on sustainable high performance and the Inner Game. His clients include Super Bowl Champion Coach Pete Carroll and Senior leaders of GE, ITT, and Union Bank.
Today, Sean speaks to us about the basic premise of the Inner Game, about his work with Pete Carroll, and how his coaching can help CEOs.
Contact Sean for a free 30 Minute consultation to explore how coaching can help you accomplish your personal and professional goals.
Gene Wright is a Managing Partner at Northstar Consulting. Their firm helps small and midsize business owners change to become more successful. They work with high growth businesses and the ability to scale profitably is often a challenge only exceeded by the need for growth capital. They also help their clients build the foundation for profitable growth and then assist them in finding growth capital sources.
1) What are the major challenges business owners face in attracting growth capital?
2) What attributes do successful business owners possess?
3) What changes should business owners prepare for in the next 5 years?
Using Common Sense is a sure fire way to prepare your company for the future. Vince Langley uses his expertise to ensure that companies are engaged and that both employees and business owners take ownership of their jobs.
How can a business owner build a culture of independence vs dependence?
How can we build a culture of accountability and ownership?
Jim McComb is a Pathfinder at WildCardStrategy.com. He is in the business of helping businesses and other organizations position themselves for certain success in an uncertain future, and is going to talk about The One Thing that will drive all true business.
1) The future IS uncertain; how can ANY organization guarantee their own success in that future?
2. What is that One Thing that will drive all business success in the future?
3. What are Wild Cards? Won't they derail that "certain success?"
Email Address: email@example.com
Here is a synopsis of Ken's soon to be released book, Intentional Conversations: How to Rethink Everyday Conversation and Transform Your Career. This book is the sequel to the book Your Intentional Difference, which Bill Black and I discussed last month on his show, and is another step required for people to become more intentional in their life and career. Becoming intentional in our conversations is an important activity that we begin practicing early on in our lives and it grows in importance the longer we live.
We all have that “first” conversation.That specific day and time, that moment, that first instance when, as a child, we put together the thoughts, ideas, or information that launch us into a conversation with another person. It is a monumental event that few people, if any, remember at all. When was your first conversation? What was it about? Who was it with? What was the outcome? Sadly, like me, you probably cannot recall that momentous first conversation. It happened, you know it did, and it does not matter whether the conversation showed your brilliance, levity, innocence, simplicity, or hilarity—it is lost and gone forever.
Conversation sets us apart from all other animals. The use of spoken words to exchange ideas, thoughts, and information is a uniquely human ability. What we say in conversation matters. Through conversation people decide whether they like us or not, whether to follow us or not. Through conversation, we define who we are, who we want to become and what our value is to others. Most importantly, it is through conversation that we get work done.
Brandon Miler's business is Gallup Certified Strengthsfinder Coaching. He focuses on building enduring strengths-based interdependent organizations through developing: strong people, strong partnerships, and strong teams.
1) So can you tell us a little more about the strengthsfinder, and how it is used for creating the life and business that our listeners want?
2) Are there specific outcomes results that stem from focusing on strengths for people and businesses?
3) Who is using the strengthsfinder to focus on developing their people and how has it impacted their organizations?
4) Once people take the strengthsfinder assessment, is that it? How do they move from the results into actually aiming their strengths toward their life for results like you have talked about?
Eric Keiles is the CMO of Square 2 Marketing. Today, he will discuss the benefits of unlocking the power of inbound marketing.
1) What is Inbound Marketing?
2) What is your mission at Square 2 Marketing?
3) What is the software, "HubSpot"?
Chris King is an issue resolution specialist & authentic presenter. He focuses no increasing the emotional quotient of your business and getting the most out of your employees.
1) What is an "issue resolution specialist/authentic presenter?"
2) What is the biggest problem with most companies today?
3) How can companies really differentiate themselves in a commoditized world?
Tim Glowa, co-founder of Bug Insights, discusses his new book "Measuring Customer Satisfaction: Exploring Customer Satisfaction's relationship with Purchase Behavior"
In this 20 minute interview, Don Burzen, Positive Exits Business Consultant, discusses how he helps business owners replace assumptions with facts so they can do effective planning. He also offers many valuable tips and strategies for businesses owners.
Ken Sanginario is the Founder of Corporate Value Metrics, LLC and he has developed a cloud-based tool to help business owners increase their business value by 50-100% over the next 3-5 years. Go to his website to find out about the "Value Opportunity Profile".
Sherry Nooravi is an organizational psychologist who is in the business of helping the CEOs, CFOs, and the leadership teams of leaders of small to mid-sized fast-growth companies create engaging, productive, and innovative cultures.
These leaders come to her when they realize they need to better educate, empower, and engage their people as they face fast growth, competition, and changes in their own leadership, industry, and technology. Today, she is going to talk to us about the importance of senior team alignment and "walking the talk" - actions that help engage employees toward higher performance.
1. What situation are clients in when they seek your help?
2. What do the CEOs, CFOs, and senior leaders you work with need to be ready to do when they engage your services?
3. What are the challenges of changing a culture and how can the senior team overcome them?
Joe Nicassio discusses a checklist of items you should be considering for your marketing efforts.
KJ Trapp of Train Your SmartPhone shares ideas and tips from his corporate training programs to help you get more from your SmartPhone.
Jay Turo is in the business of building business intelligence dashboards and is going to talk about utilizing business intelligence and dashboards to increase sales, profits, and the likelihood of a successful business exit.
1) Why do business intelligence dashboards help companies grow faster and more profitably?
2) What kind of / stage of company is most appropriate for a business intelligence dashboard?
3) Why are you and your firm uniquely qualified to build and service dashboards?
Sage advice from John Livingston of Plethora Businesses regarding why you need to call your M&A or Business Broker representatives well ahead of the business transaction and the importance of being well planned for business succession or business sale.
WesleyWood is the founder, president and CEO of Wood Financial Group, LLC, a local, independent financial services company located in Hendersonville, TN. A graduate of the University of Mississippi, Wesley received a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. He holds series 6, 7, 63 & 65 licenses and is licensed in multiple states.
Wesley and his dedicated team are passionate about guiding families and individuals in achieving their vision of financial success. Using an integrated, holistic approach, he prides himself on understanding his clients’ needs and developing a customized, innovative strategy that helps chart a path toward a secure financial future. His area of expertise includes retirement planning, wealth management, tax savings strategies and tax management, estate planning and preservation, annuities and life insurance, long term care and 401K and IRA rollovers.
Wesley takes his role as trusted advisor very seriously, only utilizing strategies and techniques that have stood the test of multiple market cycles. He believes that great things are accomplished through sound partnerships built on trust and integrity and he works hard to exemplify these values in everything he does, both professionally and personally. Service and personal attention are the defining qualities that set him apart from others.
Renowned Expert Larry Bell discusses little known changes in the recent tax law that effect Non-Profits and discusses a brilliant solution.
Contact Larry via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan Boring of www.SocialSpiceMedia.com shares Tips, Ideas and Precautions for Business Owners regarding Social Media as a productivity, business development and customer relations tool.
Elizabeth Mower, President of BEI, discusses the evolution of and trends in Business Owner Exit planning.
BEI is the leading innovator in the Exit Planning industry. No other organization offers its Members the comprehensive Exit Planning training, marketing support, and plan-creation tools that BEI provides. As a Member of BEI, advisors have access to an established, systemized process that allows them to easily help their clients with their business-transition planning. Professionals in a variety of disciplines leverage Exit Planning to attract and keep high-caliber business clients in their practices.
For more info, go to www.ExitPlanning.com
Aaron's 30+ years of experience in representing tenants in lease transactions shows in this interview.
This is a quick promo for a special BEI Advisor Summit to learn about trends in Exit Planning for your clients and how to help your clients in this area.
Tuesday, 2/6 starting at Noon in Orange County at the Ritz Carlton.
For more info and to get a $50 discount go to http://www.exitplanning.com/events and include Promo Code SUMMIT50
Jamie shares her incredible life journey with us and shares great lessons she has learned along the way.
Dynamic Peak Performance training, consulting and speaking - with a unique integrative approach blending
psychology, body-mind fitness, professional golf and martial arts expertise, and entrepreneurial energy.
1) Your work is very 'experiential.' What does that look like, and why do you feel that is such an essential
element in your talks and trainings?
2) Can you tell us more about Somatics, and why both a mind and body approach to mastery is especially
important in our cyber-age?
3) Do people have to be into martial arts to benefit from your work?
Email Address Jamiesensei@thekiaiway.com
Tawnya Gilreath of LA Business Pros shares valuable tips and ideas for getting your business in shape and getting it sold. Be sure and listen to this full 20-minute interview carefully as there are valuable lessons for business owners regarding managing and communication their expectations, working closely with their Business Sale professionals and making a true effort to get the business ready for sale.
Janna Hoiberg is a well-known author, speaker and award winning Executive and Leadership Business Coach with over 30 years experience in managing and operating successful businesses. She has helped businesses with needs varying from increasing profits, improving systems, strengthen teams and executive leadership, and fiscal growth. Janna is in the business of helping people “change the way they think about business!”
Find her book at her website and on Amazon - The Family Business: How to Be in Business with People You love - Without Hating Them.
1) What makes Innovation hard in a family business?
2) How is accountability different in the family business?
3) When should family start the succession planning?
Larry is in the business of helping sales people and business owners grow their revenues. He wants to share with you some ideas on "How to Hire and Motivate Sales Superstars."
1. What percentage of sales people in the field today are successful?
2. Where would a business owner or sales manager find quality sales people? What are the 3. steps a business owner should take to bring in top talent?
In this 20 minute interview, Peter Tentler of Liberty Home Equity discusses some of the myths and misunderstandings about Reverse Mortgages, and discusses some of the applications for Business Owners and Retirees to improve their cash flow (20min). Contact Pete at 858-999-1776
Morrie Shechtman is a Chairman at Fifth Wave Leadership, a Human Capital Consulting Group. Today, he will discuss how to eliminate mediocrity for your company.
1) What's the only competitive advantage left?
2) Why do most leaders & their companies underachieve?
3) Why are there no "business problems"?
Jim Doty of B2BCFO talks about client situations he has encountered and exit planning readiness from a CFO's Perspective.
Peter Mehit is the COO of Custom Business Planning and Solutions. Today, he will discuss the most important times to have a business plan.
1) What are the three times you need a business plan?
2) Why is it important to focus on your exit early?
3) What can people do if they are nearing the time they want to get out of their business and they haven't planned?
For many years the American Heart Association and the medical profession has been addressing this issue and deaths from Heart Attacks is decreasing, but it still is our number one killer and Dr. Jerry's mission is to try and get your help to change the statistic.
1. Why do you think it is still our number one killer?
2. What exactly is a heart attack?
3. What are the risk factors for a heart attack and what is the metabolic syndrome?
4. Some recent information that cholesterol is really not the problem. What is the good and what is the bad cholesterol?
5. I have heard a lot about Red Meat, is it really aproblem?
Haskell & White LLP is one of the largest independently owned accounting, auditing and tax consulting firms inSouthern California, specializing in servicing public and private middle-market companies. With locations in Irvine andSan Diego, Haskell & White combines the expansive services, knowledge, experience and reach of national and international accounting firms with the personal attention, responsiveness and value of a local organization.
1) What are some of the financial pitfalls that business owners face while getting ready to sell their company?
2) How can this be prevented?
3) What industries in particular are in need of CPA help when prepping for M&A?
Steve Chevarria is the CEO of Pansalus Consulting. Pansalus is a team of behavioral engagement experts that helps organizations to improve the health and productivity of their employees. Through our culture discovery process, strategic engagement planning, and scientific analytic solutions, they help create an environment where healthy behaviors are encouraged and valued.
1) Why will changing the culture help an organization?
2) Can you give me an example of how this is different from a "traditional" wellness program?
3) What is the experience of your team?
Stephen Lynch is the Chief Operating Officer of RESULTS.com. He is a “Kiwi” (New Zealander) living in San Francisco. He is responsible for researching and developing the strategic planning and business management practices that are incorporated into the RESULTS.com management dashboard software. Stephen is the author of the award-winning book: Business Execution for RESULTS -a practical guide for leaders of small to mid sized firms. His book was judged Winner in the "Management" category of the USA’s 2014 Small Business Book Awards. He has had articles published in The Economist, and has personally consulted with the leadership teams of hundreds of client firms around the world, and writes a weekly email newsletter that has over 40,000 business leader subscribers around the globe. RESULTS.com are a growth firm with offices in the USA and New Zealand. The methodology they teach clients is the exact same methodology they use to run their own business.
1. What are some of the biggest challenges or mistakes you see in the area of strategic planning for SMB's?
2. Many companies seem to struggle in terms of figuring out the right things to measure as far as key performance indicators, do you have any insights you can share?
3. We all know the importance of goal setting. What are some of the best practices you have observed in how companies can set and achieve goals more effectively?
Steve Van Valin is the CEO of Culturology, a company whose mission is to shape a culture that is engaged to innovate.
1. What do the best in class organizations do to promote innovation?
2. What is the hardest thing to overcome?
3. What is the most important thing a leader can do to become a catalyst of innovation?
Dave Wilens is in the business of Creating Rainmakers, and is going to talk about the Best Practices to Impact Top Line Revenue. Impact Sales Coach is a sales consulting, training, and coaching company. Over the past 12 years they have improved the sales results for 35-40 companies that range from food services, construction, manufacturing, IT, lumber, wealth advisors...to various NFLA, NBA, and Collegiate sports marketing teams. The type of industry doesn't matter...according to Coach Dave, "sales are sales." Impact Sales Coach also does one on one virtual coaching with individuals that are looking to get to the top of their game.
1. What causes most entrepreneurs to fail at building a sales team?
2. What is different about Impact Sales Coach than most other sales trainers/consultants?
3. How do you get started working with a client?
Mary Anne is an author, motivational speaker, coach, adjunct professor, and management development professional who is skilled in group dynamics, consultation, and facilitation. She specializes in the areas of leadership, communications, executive coaching, change management, and career transition. She calls herself a Reluctant Entrepreneur and her first book, Power vs. Perception: Ten Characteristics of Self-Empowerment for Women was published in 2013.
1. Why do you call yourself a reluctant entrepreneur?
2. How did you create Champions for Success?
3. What makes this different than other job boards out there?
Al Killeen is the President, CEO, and Founder of Integrated Mastery Programs. Integrated Mastery Programs are programs and training for successful executives and organizations in effective Leadership, Management, and Coaching to create empowered, zealous cultures based on values.
1) What is different about IMP?
2) Who are your clients?
3) How effective is your system?
TAB is a Peer Advisory Board that brings small groups of business owners together to discuss their most pressing challenges and in turn offer each other advice on how to overcome those challenges.
1. What are Peer Advisory Boards?
2. How do Peer Advisory Boards help business owners?
3. What are the most common challenges business owners face?
Dr. Jerry is one of my favorite guests - he helps us learn how to make better choices for a healthy life.
Krishna Pendyala is in the business of strengthening the weakest link in an organization. He is the founder and Chief Empowerment Officer of The ChoiceLadder Institute, which offers workshops and keynote addresses to equip people with the skills needed to exercise better judgement and make wiser choices.
1. I often hear the question "Can you trust your leaders?” but it’s not often that I hear “Can you trust your team?" Canyou expand on that?
2. In your opinion, Krishna, what constitutes trust?
3. Based on your extensive experience, what are the consequences if this trust can’t be established?
Dr. Arlen Burger is in the business of CEO and Executive Coaching. Today, he will discuss how to become a faster leader.
1) Why do you think speed in a leader is so important?
2) What are some of the things that slow leaders down?
3) What is the paradox that is at the heart of becoming a faster leader?
Mahyar Ghassemian and Ghassemian Law Group focus on Business and Construction Law. Today Mahyar will talk about some newdevelopments in Construction law.
1) What is the number one reason contractors get sued?
2) What is the best way to minimize the impact of any lawsuits?
3) Any other important advice for people in the construction industry?
Host: Steve Beatty Audio Library: www.ExitCoachRadio.com
Eden Sunshine believes that if you want to improve your business, you have to improve your system. Tune in to hear how you can make improvements!
What is the toughest issue facing today's business leader?
How can we use our brains a bit better?
What is the single tip you want to make sure everyone gets?
Website: www.TheHumanFactor.biz & www.MoreThanaMinute.com
2 books both available via Kindle or at our store at www.MoreThanaMinute.com
More Than a Minute - being an effective leader & manager in today's changing world
Using Your Brain to Win
Dakim specializes in coaching small business owners that want to increase their personal income, but are unclear about how to achieve this. He helps business owners improve the performance of their business and increase their personal income.
1) How does someone know when they should hire a business coach?
2) How can a business coach help a business?
3) What results should someone who works with expect?